Healthy Eating Active Living NH (HEAL NH) continues its series on Active Transportation with a workshop addressing readiness. It will focus on teaching attendees
- how to assess whether your community is ready for active transportation projects
- at what level are community members ready/not ready
- how to bring partners into your network.
The workshop will also look at real world examples of how readiness assessments can be or could have been implemented in communities.
The session is June 3, 9am-noon, at the NH Department of Transportation located at 7 Hazen Drive – Room 114, Concord (J.O. Morton Building): https://goo.gl/maps/Wgr2b.
The session is free and open to the public, but an RSVP is required to hold reserve your seat. Lunch will be provided at 11:30am and there will be optional networking until 1pm.
Please RSVP (and direct any questions) to Nik Coates at [email protected], or 415-4263.
- Scot Foster: Physical Activity Coordinator, NH Department of Health and Human Services
- Nicholas Coates (Nik): Active Living Coordinator, Foundation for Healthy Communities
- 9:00am-9:50am: Using the community readiness assessment tool to determine your community’s readiness for active transportation
- 10:00am-10:30am: Mock interviews
- 10:30am-11:30am: Examples of how community readiness assessments worked or could have worked in NH communities
- 11:30am: Lunch arrives
- 11:30am-12:00pm: Q&A, Wrap Up
- 12:00pm-1:00pm: Networking (optional)
- Know how to use the community readiness assessment tool and have practiced using it.
- Know how to identify who to interview in a community.
- Know how to develop and implement a plan for a readiness assessment in a community.
Materials from the previous sessions here: http://www.healnh.org/index.php/active-transportation/active-transportation-training-series
If you are unable to make this session, but would like to participate in future active transportation learning opportunities, please note these additional opportunities through HEAL NH.
- June 5: NH Planners Association Annual Conference at UNH Durham Complete Streets How Tow: Plenary and Breakout session – Registration at www.nhplanners.org
- June 17, 10 a.m.-noon: Active Transportation Technical Assistance conference call with Nik Coates and Tim Blagden (Bike-Walk Alliance of NH) – 866-906-9888 / Participant Code 3974286
- Additional sessions are currently being organized for the Summer and Fall and more details will follow in the coming weeks.